PROGRAM MANAGER: LAY PREACHING DEVELOPMENT
The Episcopal Preaching Foundation invites applications for the position of Program Manager: Lay Preaching Development, a part-time position (estimated 50%) funded through a grant award by Trinity Church Wall Street. Reporting to the Executive Director the Manager will have responsibility for shepherding the development and implementation of a potentially three-year, scalable pilot program to recruit and train a cadre of 36 lay preachers in six participating Episcopal dioceses. The successful candidate will have demonstrated organization and program management skills, and experience in managing graduate-level curriculum development and training programs. Familiarity with the culture of the Episcopal Church, a passion for good preaching, and the ability to develop productive partnerships with diocesan leaders will be key to success in this role. Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the selection of six partner dioceses
- Develop and coordinate training schedules and logistics for diocesan trainers and trainees
- Convene meetings and reporting of sub-committees of the Advisory Council
- Oversee the design and development of a self-sustaining program for continuing the LPTI beyond the three-year grant period, in the pilot dioceses
- Develop a protocol for expansion of the LPTI program to additional dioceses, once the program is validated, if necessary with grant support.
- Manage grant budget and reporting in collaboration with EPF Finance staff
Curriculum Development and Training
- In collaboration with Curriculum Sub-Committee of the Advisory Council, coordinate curriculum development and creation of learning materials for:
- Diocesan trainers
- Lay Preacher Trainees
- Recruit faculty team to train diocesan trainers
- Create evaluation milestones to maintain program quality
- Oversee development of certification protocols for participating Lay Preachers:
- Upon course completion
- Recurring at appropriate intervals
Manage Diocesan Partnerships
- Build and manage relationships with bishops and diocesan staff in participating dioceses
- Design and implement a program to enlist congregational support for each LP trainee
- Develop and maintain a regular communications program to support and connect the program participants (newsletter, webinars, or email blasts)
About The Episcopal Preaching Foundation
The Episcopal Preaching Foundation encourages excellent preaching in the Episcopal Church. The EPF strongly believes in the foundational role of preaching to energize and build church membership and attendance in today’s challenging environment, as recently documented by Gallup and the Pew Research Center.
Founded in 1987, the foundation began its programs in earnest immediately. Since then, more than 1,800 seminarians have passed through its Preaching Excellence Program, including numerous bishops and one presiding bishop. More recently, the EPF has expanded programming to embrace practicing parish clergy through the annual conference (“PEP-II”) and ad hoc diocesan conferences.
Interested candidates are invited to email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.