PREACHING EXCELLENCE PROGRAM II 2018
Sponsored by the Episcopal Preaching Foundation at The Claggett Center, Adamstown, MD
The PEP II conference is designed for all ordained clergy. PEP graduates are welcome to register.
This program is being held beginning Tuesday, June 5 to Friday, June 8. The theme for 2018 PEP II is Preaching Across the Divide: Race, Gender and Politics.
At the heart of the conference are the small preaching groups, led by senior ministry, These groups provide each attendee with the opportunity to deliver a sermon and receive appreciative and constructive feedback. It is suggested that the sermon topic focus on the conference theme; race, gender and/or politics. The sermon should be submitted after your registration the firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for registration and sermon submission is April 30th, 2018.
At the close of the conference we encourage everyone to submit their sermon to be included into the EPF annual Sermon Book for publication.* This publication is distributed at year-end to bishops of The Episcopal Church, seminary deans/presidents, seminary libraries, cathedral deans, PEP participants, faculty and guests and to our donors.
*Please note submitting a sermon does not guarantee publication.
Applicants are required to pay $150 towards the cost of attending the Program. We suggest that the applicant's diocese pay the remaining $150, The EPF will cover all additional costs of travel, program and lodging, subject to EPF's published guidelines below.
Guidelines for PEP II Travel
The Episcopal Preaching Foundation will be responsible for your travel arrangements. Please review the travel options listed here.
Contact EPF for advance booking to complete your travel arrangements of PEP II, by, Monday, April 30th, 2018.
EPF is not responsible for meals or snacks during travel time, nor transport to/from your home to the airport/train nor parking.
Air or Train Travel
- Whenever possible, the least expensive flight or train ticket will be booked by the EPF office.
- Arrangements will be made from your home, and returning to same.
- If your schedule demands an alternate pick up or drop off point, EPF will only be responsible for the fare amount that it would have cost had you traveled to-and-from your home.
- Travel from anywhere other than the lower forty-eight states will be booked for a value of up to $600.
- The cost of checked luggage is your responsibility.
- A change-fee MUST be approved.
- If you chose to drive your own vehicle, mileage will be reimbursed according to the 2018 IRS guidelines for business travel in the amount of $0.54.5/mi.
- The expense of gas is included in the IRS mileage reimbursement.
- Your calculated mileage should be emailed to EPF for approval BEFORE the conference.
Arrival at Airport in Adamstown, MD
- All transfers from the airport to the conference center will be pre-arranged shuttle bus.
- You will be provided with directions to a designated meeting area, where, an EPF representative will be waiting to greet you.
- If your flight is significantly delayed, please contact EPF as-soon-as-possible to arrange for late arrival accommodations.
- Car rentals will not be reimbursed.
- Individual transfers will need approval.
Departure to Airport.
- Arrangements to transport you from the conference center to the airport on Friday, June 8th will be on a pre-arranged shuttle and will be posted in advance.
Arrival and Departure from the Train Station.
- Transportation to and from the train in Adamstown, MD will be arranged for you.
- EPF is a non-profit organization and needs to be fiscally responsible at all times. We need your help to achieve this goal.
- Expense reimbursements are made after the successful completion of the program.
- Reimbursement will be made for such items as approved emergency transportation and mileage as described above.
- Send in your original receipts and keep a copy postmarked no later than Friday, June 15th, 2018.